Eligibility: This contest is open to adults of 18 years of age or older. Entrants under the age of 18 are not eligible. Employees of Arvig and its companies and their family members are not eligible for prizes (Definition of Family Member: Parents (in-laws), siblings, in-laws, children and their spouses and children. Plus, anyone who lives in the same household). Arvig reserves the right to disqualify submissions at its sole discretion.
Selection of Winners: The winner will have 30 days from being notified to accept the prize or the winner chooses to forfeit the prize. If the winner is ineligible, chooses to forfeit the prize or cannot be notified, the prize will be forfeited, in which case an alternate winner will be selected. Only one prize per person will be awarded. Arvig reserves the right to use the name and likeness of contest winners.
Conditions: By entering this contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Arvig, which shall be final. Arvig and its affiliates are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete or unintelligible entries; telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; any condition caused by events beyond the control of Arvig that cause the contest to be disrupted; or any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession or use of the prize, or from participation in the contest.
Privacy Statement: Arvig respects your privacy. All information provided is strictly confidential. Arvig will not share the information you provide with third parties.
NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
OFFICIAL RULES Arvig
NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SWEEPSTAKES
Monday, January 14, 2019 – Sunday, March 17, 2019
- You must be a registered member of Facebook (www.facebook.com), Twitter (www.twitter.com), or LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com). Entries can be made at any Arvig location, or mail to: Arvig Marketing, Attn:NCAA Basketball Championship Sweepstakes, 150 Second Street SW, Perham, MN 56573. When entering by mail, please include your name, address, phone number, email address and which contest you’re entering.
- You must be at least 18 years of age;
- You must be a resident of the state of Minnesota;
- You must have filled out the online submission form on arvig.com/enter. The entry form can only be filled out during the official sweepstakes entry time: Monday, January 14, 2019 8:00:00 a.m. – Sunday, March 17, 2019 11:59:59 p.m.
- Each player may enter only once.
- Employees of Arvig and its affiliated companies (including all family members are not eligible). Any company that is not eligible to receive a prize from Arvig pursuant to a contract with Arvig, and all persons prohibited by law, are ineligible to participate or receive a prize from this sweepstakes.
- Eligibility will be determined by Arvig.
- The prizewinners will be drawn at random at Arvig Headquarters by an Arvig representative on or about Monday, March 18, 2019, from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified and will be asked to execute an electronic winner affidavit form. The name and city of the winner may be posted on Arvig’s website or social media channel following winner verification.
- An entry may be disqualified from this contest for any of the following reasons:
- the entry contains profanity, nudity, or illegal activity;
- the entry contains people other than the author of the entry without their permission;
- the entry demeans, defames, or ridicules others;
- Two (2) prizes will be awarded. One winner will receive two (2) tickets to the NCAA Semi-Finals game on Saturday, April 6, 2019, and one winner will receive two (2) tickets to the NCAA Final game on Monday, April 8, 2019. The taxable value of the prize is approximately $5000.
- By participating, the prizewinners and participants agree to release and hold harmless Arvig and the Released Parties from any injury, loss, or damage to person, including death, or property due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to participating in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SWEEPSTAKES. Arvig and the NCAA are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes or the administration therein. If for any reason Arvig is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is severely undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, Arvig will have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation.
- Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes participant’s and prize winner’s consent to Arvig, its subsidiaries and affiliates use of such person’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown, and state for promotional purposes anywhere and in any manner or media, without further payment, consideration, consent, or right of review or approval.
- If Arvig is unable to contact the prizewinner within one (1) day after the drawing, Arvig may declare the prize forfeited by the prizewinner and the prizewinner will have no further right to the prize. By entering this sweepstakes, the prizewinner consents to the full use of their name, likeness and city for publicity and public relations purposes. The prizewinner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, and appropriate releases and authorizations. Refusal to do so may result in forfeiture of any prize won.
- Arvig will verify the winners by using the information you provided on the electronic winner affidavit form. If Arvig is unable to verify your entry, Arvig will deem it to be ineligible and you will not be entitled to any prize.
- Prizes will be shipped to the winners following winner verification at the address provided in their electronic winner affidavit form. If a prize is returned to Arvig, Arvig may declare the prize forfeited by the winner and the winner will have no further right to the prize and Arvig may award the prize to another player.
- If the claim is validated by Arvig, and the apparent prizewinner meets all other eligibility requirements, the prize will be awarded to the player. If the claim is not validated by Arvig, the claim will be denied, and the winner will be notified immediately. If a prizewinner is deemed ineligible to win the NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SWEEPSTAKES, Arvig will go the next eligible prizewinner selected to determine whether the individual selected is eligible to win the NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SWEEPSTAKES. This process will continue until the individual selected is determined to be eligible to receive the NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SWEEPSTAKES.
- Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of entries received.
- The prizes are not exchangeable or otherwise transferable. Federal, state or local taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. All applicable federal, state, or local laws apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- The official dates of this sweepstakes are Monday, January 14, 2019, 8:00:00 a.m. – Sunday, March 17, 2019, 11:59:59 p.m. Promotion questions may be referred to Arvig at
- Arvig is not responsible for delayed, lost or misdirected electronic submissions made through the Internet.
- Only one prizewinner per-household is permitted.
- All decisions by Arvig are final, binding, and conclusive in all matters. This promotion may be terminated at any time by Arvig. These promotion rules may be amended.
- If, for any reason it is not possible to run all or any part of the NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SWEEPSTAKES as planned due to, without limitation, errors in these official rules or advertising for this sweepstakes, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other cause beyond the control of Arvig that, in the sole judgment of Arvig, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this sweepstakes, Arvig reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the sweepstakes.
- This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or the NCAA.
NCAA and NCAA Championships are trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.