No dial tone and/or you receive a busy signal or echo.
- Ensure that all phones are hung up.
- Unplug all devices connected to the telephone jack for at least three minutes. (e.g. fax machines, set-top boxes, satellite, etc.)
- Connect a corded telephone.
- Verify that you now have dial tone.
You hear a stuttered dial tone
- Voice mail service from Arvig is active, check your voice mail by pressing *98.
- If this is your first time checking voicemail, the temporary password is 000000 (change your password).
Caller ID is not working
- If you have a Caller ID box (separate device from your telephone), check the connections & change the batteries.
- You receive a recording when dialing long distance stating “you have not chosen a long distance carrier”.
- Call Arvig at 888.992.7844, to verify that you have chosen a long distance provider.
Outgoing calls are blocked
- Contact Arvig at 888.992.7844.