Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a temporary government program authorized by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to help households struggling to pay for internet service during the pandemic. This new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, and virtual classrooms.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on Tribal lands. The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount.
Arvig and its companies are not offering a one-time discount on a laptop, tablet or desktop computer.
Who is Eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?
A household is eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program;
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers' existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
How do I sign up for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?
As of May 12, 2021, eligible households will be able to enroll in the program to receive a monthly discount off the cost of broadband service from an approved provider. Existing Arvig customers who receive Lifeline automatically qualify for this program. Click here to confirm your participation.
If you do not receive Lifeline and need to apply for this program, click here. You will receive an Application ID number - remember this for future use.
Finally, return to this page and complete this form using the exact same information you entered on your application, and enter the Application ID number you received.
Who may you contact with questions?
If you have any questions regarding information provided above, please contact Arvig Customer Care via the chat below or call 888.992.7844. You can also visit the FCC website at https://www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit.